
The name of this Widerstandsnest Kempt comes from Sir James Kempt who was Master-General of the ordnance from 1830-1834. Widerstandsnest Kempt is built around the Martello Tower from 1834, this tower was used as a command post during World War Two.




Widerstandsnest Kempt consists of a WaKoFest Jägerstand for a 10,5 cm French gun, two machine gun bunkers of which one is integrated in the Anti-tank wall, a WaKoFest gruppenunterstand (group shelter), a Regelbau 606 searchlight bunker with garage for a 60 cm searchlight and a Regelbau 646 water supply bunker.


Visit
The bunkers are free to visit but most are closed. A car park is nearby.